Lester just couldn’t keep his trap shut.
The dumpy little insurance agent we met in the first episode has, by the ninth, developed an inflated ego. One that prompted him to attempt to face Malvo in a Las Vegas hotel elevator. And, just like in the first episode, Malvo warns Lester if, by having Malvo recognize him, if that is really what he wants.
With Lester’s “yes,” three people are brutally shot in that elevator. Lester’s confidence takes a quick nose-dive.
This episode sets up for the finale, which seems more and more a battle of wits now between Malvo and Lester. I will be surprised if neither one dies in the end.
Molly has gotten the attention of the FBI, Key and Peele’s bumbling agents that dropped the ball when Malvo gunned down the crime syndicate in Fargo.
Lester is under Molly’s radar again with the Vegas shootings. He’s also under Malvo’s radar too. Jail or death seems to be the path, but as this series has done from episode one, there are always more than two ways out for Lester.
* Finally, we see Paul and Babe. And the likeness was pretty close to me. Pretty awseome.
* Key and Peele’s FBI agents Pepper and Budge are very poor at observing things. They walked right past Malvo in the diner.
* Lester is scum. Dresses his wife up like him to see if Malvo would kill him in his office. Which he does.
* Where the heck is Mr. Wrench?
* Malvo as a dentist, I don’t know why, but it seems like a natural fit for an occupation for him.
Next week is the finale, which I believe will be 90 minutes.
2 thoughts on “‘Fargo’ Episode 9: A Fox, a Rabbit, and a Cabbage”
I agree about either Lester or Malvo dying, but if only one dies, I think it would be weird for it to be Malvo. It seems ultimately unsatisfying to have Lester go on with his life at this point in his bad-breaking, but Malvo I can see just moving on to his next mark.
If Lester somehow weasels his way out of this situation, that would be one heck of a move from the writers, but at this point I think anything is possible. Malvo could get away, but since he’s now under the FBI radar, life will be difficult for him. to roam town to town as an unknown face.