Monty Python has been known for its irreverent and insane humor for nearly a half-century now. And it has been 40 years since the comedy troupe’s first feature film — “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” — was released; an amazing film that made it OK for people to embrace their love of the weird ever since (thank goodness). And with such a landmark anniversary, the Pythons have gone incredibly silly, indeed with the special edition release of the film, which includes a tiny catapult to launch small, rubber toy animals into the air with.
The DVD/Blu-Ray, set for release on Oct. 27, set also includes:
- Letters from co-directors Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam
- New Q&A with the Pythons recorded at the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival, hosted by John Oliver
- Commentaries by Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Eric Idle, and Michael Palin
- Outtakes and extended scenes with introduction by Terry Jones
- Lost animations with introduction by Terry Gilliam
- How to Use Your Coconuts (An Educational Film)
To celebrate, here is my favorite scene from the film.